This is a summary of our ASSIST benefits
You are welcome to contact our us during office hours for more detailed information regarding the policy wording
Cover is limited to R3000 per member per annum. Select Assist is there for you 24 hours a day not only for mechanical and electrical breakdown but also when you are involved in a collision.
Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown
- Select Assist will tow the vehicle to the nearest repairer. If you are further than 100km from your permanent residence, where available and at Select Assist’s discretion, Select Assist will: Offer car hire assistance (Group A or B) for a maximum of 24 hours (Max. limit of R500 per incident). Please ensure that you have a valid credit card when traveling. Should you need a replacement car, car rental companies will only release the car to you if you have a valid credit card.
- Offer hotel accommodation for a maximum of 4 people at a hotel of our choice (Max. limit of R500 per incident).If the vehicle needs to be left behind for repair whilst you continue your journey, Select Assist will provide an allowance of R500 per incident to assist with the repatriation of your vehicle.
- Tow to the nearest approved panel beater.
- Should you lock your keys inside your vehicle call us – we will arrange for a locksmith to assist you and pay for the locksmith’s callout fee and first hour’s labour.
- Should you have a flat battery call us – we will arrange for a service provider to assist you jump-start your vehicle or tow it to the nearest repairer and pay for the callout fee and first hour’s labour. It should be noted that jump-starting some vehicles could result in damage to the vehicle’s computer system. Select Assist cannot be held liable should you choose to jump-start your vehicle rather than tow it to the nearest repairer.
- Should you have a flat tyre on your vehicle call us – we will arrange for a service provider to change your tyre and pay for the callout fee and first hour’s labour. Please note that no spare tyre will be provided to replace it with.
Your vehicle running out of fuel
- Should you run out of fuel call us – we will supply 10 litres of fuel and pay for the callout fee and first hour’s labour, however the fuel will be for your account.
Unfortunately Select Assist does not include the cost of, but offers assistance for:
- A car that is not registered on your Select Assist Insurance policy
- Parts, new batteries, tyres, locks, keys etc
- A flat tyre but no spare tyre to replace it with
Select Assist will not be held liable for any repairs or towing costs not authorized by the call centre.
This service gives you direct access to the right resources at the right time in the event of an “in-house” emergency.
The benefit covers the cost of the service provider’s call out fee and the first hour labour for the following:
- Appliances (White goods only)
Select Assist has a large database of reputable service providers. You have access to these service providers, on a referral basis, in the event of them requiring assistance or service:
- Garden Services
- Fire Damage
- Carpet Specialists for flood damage
- Cover is limited to R3000 per member per annum.
Legal advice and assistance from qualified attorneys on any legal matter.
Select Assist 24 hour Emergency Assist offers the following benefits.
- Telephonic legal advice
- 24 Hour legal referral
- Two 30 minute consultations with a qualified attorney, at no cost to our client
- Assistance on drawing up a will
- Assistance with legal documentation, such as power of attorney, sale or lease agreements
- Telephonic guidance on contractual law
- Estate planning guidance
Claims Assist provides you with assistance whenever you need to claim due to accident, theft, broken windscreen / windows, etc.
We can help you with emergency services, referral to our approved service providers such as panel beaters and even send you the relevant insurance claim forms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note that Claims Assist does not replace the claims process but ensures quicker and more efficient service.
Do not let anyone tow your vehicle without first calling us. We will ensure your car is towed to an approved repairer the first time.
24 Hour Emergency Assist will provide to our clients with medical assistance 24 hours a day 7 days a week under the following circumstances
In the event of a medical emergency that involves bodily injury or any serious medical condition, we will arrange the following:
- Emergency medical response to the scene of the accident
- Emergency medical transportation to the closest most appropriate facility for further medical care
- Guarantee hospital admission to a maximum of R5000, which is refundable by the policyholder or his, her medical aid
- Non-emergency medical and health advice.
- Telephonic counselling and/or referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist
- Repatriation of mortal remains
Cover is limited to R10 000 per member per annum.