All accidents must be reported with the saps within 48 hours of date of incident even when no damage to your vehicle or no 3rd party is involved
- If your vehicle is not drivable after the accident, the insurance company will cover you for one towing charge. You can use any towing company, but please make sure that they tow the vehicle to a reputable panel beater and not a towing yard, as repairs cannot be authorised at a towing yard and the vehicle will therefore still need to be towed to a reputable panel beater, the costs of one of these tows will however then be for your own account.
- Please contact us on 011-955-6505 for a claim form (Remember that the insured is the name the policy appears in, if the policy is issued in the name of a company, the company is the insured. The details for the driver at the time of the accident must be completed in the space indicated as the driver.)
- Obtain a quotation for the repairs of the vehicle from any reputable panel beater.
- Make an enlarged copy of the driver’s license of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Make a clear copy of the ID of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Email the claim form or the quotation, driver’s license and the ID to your portfolio manager.
- Attach any other documentation that may be necessary eg the invoice for towing etc.
- In most cases, an assessor will be appointed who will contact you directly to arrange for an assessment of the vehicle. Please remember that the vehicle must stand at the relative panel beater for the whole day on the date of the assessment.
- As soon as everything is in order, the assessor will give authorisation to the panel beater to repair the vehicle. We recommend that you consult with the panel beater as to when they’ll have the time to repair your vehicle. If your vehicle is still driveable, it may be better to only book it in once the panel beater has some time available to do the repairs and all the necessary parts for the repairs etc have already arrived. Remember that most insurers limit the period for car hire to 30 days, so booking your vehicle in whilst a panel beater cannot yet repair it wastes your car hire cover.
- If you have opted for car hire cover on your policy, let us know when your vehicle is booked in for repairs for and we’ll arrange that the car hire company phone you directly to arrange for the hire car. Please remember that fuel, contract charge and collection or delivery will be for your own account.
- Please also remember that you will be liable for the excess on the claim, this must be paid directly to the panel beater once you are happy with the repairs to your vehicle.